It is a fact that each of us negotiate on a daily basis without even realizing it. Many of us have not yet learnt how to apply the powerful tools and techniques of negotiating effectively to really succeed to our utmost potential in the corporate world. To win and close deals successfully you will need to master the art of negotiation. This 2day training has the solution – Our practical course will show you how to effectively use of influencing and rapport building to initiate the negotiation process, apply various personal approaches to get what you want and gaining loyal business partner and be able to defuse any conflict situation.
What Will I Learn From This Course?
Executives, Managers, Marketing and Sales Staff, Account Relationship Representatives, Customer Service Representatives, Contract Negotiators, Technical and Support Representatives and every professional who needs to negotiate with business associates, vendors, customers and colleagues in any setting.
This competency-based workshop is highly practical and interactive in nature, with lots of role- playing to practice the skills learnt. It incorporates many tools and guide for managers throughout the negotiation proess.
Course Outline for This Programme
- Know The Do’s and Don’ts of the Negotiation Game
- Identify the Difference between Hard versus Soft Negotiation and their associatedbenefits
- Know the 4 Basic Elements in any Negotiation that must be kept separate: People,Interests, Options, Criteria
- Levels of listening ( Ignoring, Selective, Pretend, Attentive , Empathy)
- 5 essential types of questions
- Know how to Implement Active Listening Strategies
- Use Questioning Techniques to steer the Negotiation
- Using active listening to find out the real customer issue
- Role-play applying all the types of question at work environment
- Discover at least 20 Tips for Communicating effectively during a Negotiation
- Discover how to create a “Rapport” with other parties
- Use Practical Suggestions for Building Trust and developing Relationships for Win – Win collaboration
- Understand how to focus on Interests rather than Positions to progress the Negotiation
- Turn a Negotiation Rival into a Loyal and Trusted Business Partner
- Understand the Primary Negotiating Styles and discover which Style suits you best: Compromise, Rob, Accommodate, or Withdraw
- Using influencing skills to make lasting organizational impact and create win-win relationship
- The power of words/Neutral/Action words
- Know how to identify and respond to each Style when it is encountered
- Discover the Characteristics of a Practical and Effective Negotiator
- Realize the importance of Personal Appearance and Rank when Negotiating Deals
- Select the most suitable Personal Approach when Negotiating with various people by understanding the 3 Different Types of Personal Approaches
- Discover how to Plan effectively through intensive Information Gathering
- Forecast possible Negotiation Issues by using a Pre-Negotiation Planning Checklist
- Identify your “Best Possible Outcome” and determine your “Last Resort Agreement“ ( BATNA)
- Analyse your Performance and compare it to the “Best Possible Outcome” for Future Improvement
- Know & Avoid the most Common Mistakes Negotiators make at the end of a Negotiation