In this course, students will learn the fundamentals of database concepts in a cloud environment, get basic skilling in cloud data services, and build their foundational knowledge of cloud data services within Microsoft Azure. Students will identify and describe core data concepts such as relational, non-relational, big data, and analytics, and explore how this technology is implemented with Microsoft Azure. They will explore the roles, tasks, and responsibilities in the world of data. The students will explore relational data offerings, provisioning and deploying relational databases, and querying relational data through cloud data solutions with Microsoft Azure. They will explore non-relational data offerings, provisioning and deploying non-relational databases, and non-relational data stores with Microsoft Azure. Students will explore the processing options available for building data analytics solutions in Azure. They will explore Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Databricks, and Azure HDInsight. Students will learn what Power BI is, including its building blocks and how they work together.
What Will I Learn From This Course?
Successful Azure Data Fundamentals students start with some basic awareness of computing and Internet concepts, and an interest in extracting insights from data such as experience using a web browser, such as Microsoft Edge, familiarity with basic data-related concepts, such as working with tables of data in a spreadsheet and visualizing data using charts and a willingness to learn through hands-on exploration.
The audience for this course is individuals who want to learn the fundamentals of database concepts in a cloud environment, get basic skills in cloud data services, and build their foundational knowledge of cloud data services within Microsoft Azure.
Lectures, visual presentations, hands-on demo files and exercises, Q&A
Course Outline for This Programme
Module 1: Explore core data concepts
- Explore core data concepts
- Explore roles and responsibilities in the world of data
- Describe concepts of relational data
- Explore concepts of non-relational data
- Explore concepts of data analytics
Module 2: Explore relational data in Azure
- Explore relational data services in Azure
- Explore provisioning and deploying relational database services in Azure
- Query relational data in Azure
Module 3: Explore non-relational data in Azure
- Explore non-relational data services in Azure
- Explore provisioning and deploying non-relational data services on Azure
- Manage non-relational data stores in Azure
Module 4: Explore modern data warehouse analytics in Azure
- Examine components of a modern data warehouse
- Explore large-scale data analytics
- Get started building with Power BI